One of the services of Major Chiropractic can be found in our sports medicine department. We treat injuries, but we really get a lot of pleasure out of helping athletes avoid injuries. We’ve come up with a list of tips to help you prevent injuries. For more personalized tips and for actual practices and exercises, come see us!
- When you cross train, you work the muscle groups that your particular sport doesn’t use often.
- You will strengthen muscle groups that can come into play when avoiding a fall or sport specific injury.
- Cross training gives your emphasized muscle groups a rest while still keeping up your workouts.
- Every coach you’ve ever had probably has drilled this into your head, but it still needs to be said.
- Stretching before exercise is important to avoid strains.
- Stretching helps warm up your muscles and this helps avoid injuries.
- Don’t stretch just before exercising. Stretch on your off days too so your overall flexibility is increased.
- Be sure to give your body 1-2 days a week to recover.
- Give your body an off season of at least 4 weeks of total rest a year.
Invest in Good Equipment
- Be sure to buy the best running shoes, tennis shoes, or cleats depending on your sport.
- Giving your feet proper support is a really important since the angle of your foot affects your knees, hips, and back.
Major Chiropractic is here to help you meet your fitness goals-injury free! Call for an appointment.