Wheaton’s Best Sports Medicine And Chiropractic Treatment Clinic
Dr. Steven E. Major D.C., D.A.C.R.B., C.F.M.P.
Dr. Major attended National College of Chiropractic earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology and a Doctorate in Chiropractic (1988). He established a private practice in February of 1989 in Carol Stream, Illinois and has continued to serve the western suburbs since that time. His current practice is located in Wheaton, where he treats a multitude of musculoskeletal conditions and specializes in the treatment and rehabilitation of sports and spine related injuries.
Dr. Major continues to stay current on manual therapy and rehabilitation techniques by attending numerous seminars throughout the year. In fact, Major Chiropractic was honored to host 13 post-graduate seminars in 2014 approved by National University of Health Sciences for doctors and interns to continue to expand their expertise in sports injuries and rehabilitation.
Dr. Major and staff are committed to better health and wellness for each patient. You can rest assured that your health is in good hands!
Professional Affiliations, Certifications and Achievements:
- Licensed Chiropractic Physician by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association Rehab Council
- Adjunct Faculty Member for National University of Health Sciences
- Diplomate in Rehabilitation, American Chiropractic Board of Rehabilitation
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner (CFMP)
- Level 2 Certified Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Medical Professional
- Certified in Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM)
- Performance Exercise Specialist (NASM)
- Certified in Functional Movement Systems (FMS)
- Level I Certification – Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
- Certified in Acupuncture
- Certified Level 1 Coach – U.S. Track and Field Association
- U.S. team Chiropractor for the World Series of Volleyball in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 1994
- Former team Chiropractor for the Pepsi/Schwinn Cycling team (also team member)
- Competed with the USA Bobsled Federation 1981-83, 7th at the 4-man National Championships
- Member of team that qualified to participate in the 11 day Eco-Challenge Borneo, Malaysia
- Past Presenter for Illinois Track & Cross Country Coaches Association
- Currently consults with local high school & college sports programs on strength and performance development
Outside the Office:
Dr. Major enjoys spending time with his wife, Lin, and their family. He enjoys cycling, weight training and kayaking for personal fitness. Giving back to young athletes is important; Dr. “Coach” Major spends time coaching and developing talented athletes to achieve their highest level of performance. Coach Major was a volunteer Sprints Coach for Wheaton North High School from 2006 – 2014.